Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Struggles

Have you ever struggled with something in your life? Have you made things more difficult than they needed to be? 

On a recent shopping trip with Julie, I found a dress that is a style I have liked for years. Once in the dressing room I discovered this dress was very difficult to get on. No give in the waistline just buttons from the waist up. I not only struggled to get the dress on but it was so much worse trying to get the dress off! 

As I exited the dressing room I was asked if I wanted to purchase the dress - I couldn't believe my response. "I want to think about it." Even I was surprised by my answer! But the truth was, I really liked the dress - I liked how it looked once I could get it on! So I had to decide if the dress was worth all the effort! 

In the end, I purchased the dress. 

I wore the dress today. :0) 

This morning, I tried to prepare myself for the stuggle I knew was going to take place. Once the dress was on, I was admiring how it looked and was excited I could wear it and breath! Placing a piece of jewelry on the dress I noticed something dangling under my arm? "What is that?" Much to my disbelief, I discovered a zipper that went down the side of the dress! 

I had stuggled for nothing. 

The solution was there the whole time. 

But why hadn't I noticed? 

The truth is, I really hadn't looked. 



(c)  Faith Builder

No comments:

Post a Comment